One Southern Girl's attempts at cooking & crafting

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Homemade Chicken Salad

Homemade Chicken Salad
After seeing this image, I decided to make a few adjustments and make some chicken salad!


Ingredients:
3 stalks chopped celery
3 chopped green onions
1 1/2 cups halved purple grapes
1 rotisserie shredded chicken (I got the lemon pepper - it was delicious!)
1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
3/4 cup mayonnaise
3/4 cup plain yogurt
salt & pepper to taste
Directions:
1. Chop up celery, green onions, and grapes. Put into bowl.
2. Shred chicken (I did it by hand) into small pieces.
3. Add mayo, yogurt, lemon juice, brown sugar, salt & pepper.
4. Mix all ingredients together until rather uniform in texture. Add more of step 3 until desired consistency is reached.
5. Enjoy!

When I was making this recipe, originally I started with 1/2 cup each of mayo and yogurt, and ended up with this:
I felt that it needed more dressing, so I doubled the amounts and ended up with this:
The next time that I make this dish, I'm going to use the ingredient amounts listed above because the perfect consistency is somewhere in between the two photographs.

Happy Cooking!



No comments:

Post a Comment