One Southern Girl's attempts at cooking & crafting

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Pinterest Fails

Post #2: Pinterest Fails Edition

As we all know, Pinterest is full of well-intentioned projects that end up not working well in practice for one reason or another. Today I'm going to share with you a handful of the projects that didn't turn out as well as all the pretty pictures.


Fail #1: Make Your Own Bouncy Balls
After following the directions perfectly, I was left with an opaque, sticky, amorphous solid that didn't bounce and succeeded in picking up all the tiny specks of dirt and dust on my counter.

Fail #2: Macrame Racerback Tank
The tutorial videos were very easy to follow and I enjoyed this project! However, my finished product didn't quite turn out like the one done by Trash to Couture.
Fail #3: Painted Wine Glasses
I stumbled upon this image, that led to a store link to buy one of the hand-painted wineglasses. Why not do it myself, I thought? Apparently my polka-dot skills leave something to be desired.
The other problem with painting wine glasses like this: Glass is very smooth, and doesn't like to hold onto paint. I used regular craft paint, rather than paint specifically designed for glass, and then covered it with Mod Podge.




No comments:

Post a Comment